Graduate Scholarship Program Information
ELIGIBILITY: Any initiated member of Gamma Sigma Alpha with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better. All applicants must have been initiated prior to their application submission. Selection will be based upon academic record, recommendations submitted, the applicant’s statement, and campus and community activities. All scholarship recipients MUST be from an active chapter of Gamma Sigma Alpha.
A completed application includes the following:
- The application form
- Two letters of recommendation
- One page essay
- Official Transcript(s) of all academic work
FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
- All information must be typewritten with complete answers in GSA’s online scholarship form
- Applications and all supporting documentations that are NOT typed will not be considered
- Acceptance of the scholarship involves an obligation to begin and complete the year of study following the award of the scholarship. The recipient must be enrolled full-time and must be working towards completion of a degree.
- Any request by a recipient for an exception shall be directed to the Gamma Sigma Alpha Headquarters Office.
- A scholarship will be awarded only for educational purposes.
Please provide the following information:
- Attach a resume of your activities including significant contributions to your campus GSA chapter, campus activities, community service, research conducted, organizational memberships, offices held, and honors and recognitions received.
- Write a one page essay on the impact fraternity and sorority membership has had on your academic performance and the value Gamma Sigma Alpha has added to your undergraduate education. Please attach your essay to this scholarship application.
RESPONSIBILITY OF THE RECIPIENT
- Notify the Selection Committee Chair promptly of the acceptance of the scholarship and return the recipient agreement.
- Upon registration, request the Registrar of the institution you are attending to send a written statement of enrollment, with seal embossed, to email@example.com. The scholarship funds will then be sent to the recipient.
RESPONSIBILITY OF ALL APPLICANTS
- Supply all information requested, including the application form, to Gamma Sigma Alpha National Greek Academic Honor Society, by published deadline. An incomplete application will NOT be considered.