Chapter Programming Grants
Gamma Sigma Alpha is pleased to offer chapter programming grants for active chapters that want to host events, sponsor or co-sponsor academic programs, and/or recognize outstanding academic achievement in students.
In order to help advance and recognize student academic achievement and engagement, Gamma Sigma Alpha chapters may apply for programming grants of up to $1,000. To access the Programming Grant Application, CLICK HERE.
Requirements for Chapter Eligibility
- Any college or university that hosts an “active” Gamma sigma Alpha chapter (initiation must have been held at least once in the past year)
- Submission of application must occur at least one month prior to the program
- Chapter must not have received a grant during the past 12 months
Use of Grants
- Grants may not be awarded to an individual student.
- Grants may cover such things as speaker fees, publicity materials, room reservations, audio-visual equipment, refreshments, etc.
- Grants may not be used to cover Gamma Sigma Alpha initiation fees, honor cords, ritual materials, banner, table cover, etc.
- A committee composed of Gamma Sigma Alpha national board members will review grant applications and decide upon award amounts.
- Evaluation Criteria
- Positive impact on students and/or faculty/staff
- Thorough planning
- Value of program proportionate to cost
- Notification of the award and processing of the check will take place no later than a week prior to the date of the program.
Requirements of Chapters Receiving Grants
- Recognition that the program has been sponsored in part by a grant from Gamma Sigma Alpha National Organization must be noted at the time of the program.
- Within two weeks of the program date, the “Final Report Form” must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the responsibility of the “Gamma Sigma Alpha Student Contact” as noted on the grant application. Failure to submit the final report will affect the ability of the chapter to receive future grants.
- If the program receiving funding does not take place, the grant must be returned within two weeks of the intended date of the program.
To download the Chapter Programming Grant Application, CLICK HERE.
To learn more or should you have questions, contact the GSA office at (844) 705-3291.