The 2012-2013 October mini-grant application deadline is rapidly approaching. To help demonstrate the events past winners have done, we thought we would highlight recipient Samantha Martin from Baldwin-Wallace College. The B-W chapter of Gamma Sigma Alpha, along with Order of Omega, planned the Pie for Pi banquet, which held special recognition ceremonies for various achievements. The organizations ended the banquet with various refreshments and delicious pies. In collaboration with not only the Greek Life Office but the Fraternity/Sorority Community as well, they planned a successful event with great attendance.
Do you think you could be Gamma Sigma Alpha’s next mini-grant recipient? The October 1, 2012 deadline is only two weeks away! To make sure your organization is eligible, please see the reminders below.
Please consider the following when applying for the Gamma Sigma Alpha mini-grants:
- 1. Any school that hosts an active Gamma Sigma Alpha chapter is eligible to apply for a mini-grant. An active chapter is defined as a chapter that has initiated students into Gamma Sigma Alpha during one of the most recent three semesters.
- The completed application form must include signatures by the originator and approval from the Department of Student Life and/or Fraternity and Sorority Life.
- Mini-Grant applications deadlines will be as follows:
February 1, 2012 with notification by February 28, 2012
October 1, 2012 with notification by October 31, 2012
December 1, 2012 with notification by December 31, 2012
- The Mini-Grant Committee will review proposals and may recommend funding at, below or above the request based on review committee consensus.
- The minimum request amount will be $100 and the maximum-awarded amount will be $500.
- Projects in progress or completed are not funded. Project start date should be AFTER notification date and within six months of the notification date.
Compensation to individual student, faculty and/or staff will not be considered.
To apply, download the application here.
Questions: Contact director(@)gammasigmaalpha.org