We’ve all been in meetings with student organizations and Gamma Sigma Alpha chapters where some great ideas are discussed only to be squelched because some financial resources are needed and the organization’s account isn’t overflowing with available monies.
We heard you and this Spring, Gamma Sigma Alpha national headquarters is hoping to help. Mini-Grants will be available to active chapters seeking to sponsor or co-sponsor programs, host events and/or recognize students/faculty.
Important things to consider when discussing applying for these funds:
- 1. Any school that hosts an active Gamma Sigma Alpha chapter is eligible to apply for a mini-grant. An active chapter is defined as a chapter that has initiated students into Gamma Sigma Alpha during one of the most recent three semesters.
- The completed application form must include signatures by the originator and approval from the Department of Student Life and/or Fraternity and Sorority Life.
- Mini-Grant applications deadlines will be as follows:
- February 1, 2012 with notification by February 28, 2012
- October 1, 2012 with notification by October 31, 2012
- December 1, 2012 with notification by December 31, 2012
- The Mini-Grant Committee will review proposals and may recommend funding at, below or above the request based on review committee consensus.
- The minimum request amount will be $100 and the maximum awarded amount will be $500.
- Projects in progress or completed are not funded. Project start date should be AFTER notification date and within six months of the notification date.
- Compensation to individual student, faculty and/or staff will not be considered.
To apply, download the application here.
Questions: Contact director(@)gammasigmaalpha.org